|click to enlarge|
So the nice thing about the TILT tradition is that it makes me check in here at least once a week. Real post soon, honest. Meanwhile, here's what I'm into lately:
- Hot pink floral stationary
- The Kentucky Derby is Saturday, and I will continue my proud tradition of betting on the horses with the most awesome names. (Well hello there, Fear the Kitten.) The fact that these horses typically have the longest odds--and that I still choose them--undoubtedly is a metaphor for all that's wrong with my life.
- I would really like to buy this expensive box for my dresser.
- There's a Madewell in Chicago now! I just picked up this pretty dress.
- So this is usually the season where I buy cool makeup that I'm fundamentally incapable of applying. But oh my god, this lipgloss (stain? whatever) has CHANGED MY LIFE. For one thing, it's not even remotely sticky, so you don't have to deal with weird hair lips all day. For another, the colors are fantastic. I like shades #15 and #27.
DOUBLE TILT BONUS: On Tuesday I went to see Nico Muhly and Bryce Dessner (one of the guys in the National) play with a Chicago sextet called eighth blackbird. The trappings were kind of hilarious because the event was at the Museum of Contemporary Art. The program alone was amazing. Check out this photo in the program from "Untitled Feminist Show," which appeared there earlier this month:
|Is it me or are the censor bars EXTRA hilarious?|
Anyway, the music was fantastic, the best part being a Nico Muhly piece called "Doublespeak" that, sadly, doesn't seem to exist as a recording. What DOES exist is this video of eighth blackbird performing the piece last year, which I have listened to at least a dozen times in the last 24 hours. I hope you like it even half as much as I do!